Select to view content in your preferred language

Notebook Reset (Lost All Code)

05-30-2024 02:43 PM
Labels (1)
ScottSindewald
New Contributor

My manager and I just lost all progress in some of our notebooks. I had a notebook that I had been working on for about 2 weeks and had no issue saving. About two hours ago the notebook disconnected. I refreshed the page and found the code had been replaced with the standard two lines of code you get when you create a new notebook.

My manager found the same issue with one of her notebooks. We're checking to see if any other notebooks are affected. The names, ID's and files associated with the notebooks are all unchanged.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Is there some archive we can access to recover lost scripts? I didn't expect this scripting environment to be this unstable.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScottSindewald 

Thank you for this post and sorry to hear about this situation where the notebook content was lost. some questions to understand the scenario a bit more.

1.anything about the notebook content, something specific/common between the two notebooks that exhibit this behavior?

2.  Do we know how long the notebook may have been open/running on the browser before the notebook disconnected which resulted in this state?

3. Do you use the "save" button in the notebook editor to save the notebook?

ArcGIS Notebooks has a snapshots feature, which can be used for periodic backups. You can restore a notebook from a previous snapshot when needed.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/notebook-snapshots.htm

0 Kudos