Select to view content in your preferred language

ModuleNotFoundError during run Task: GeoPandas

12-13-2022 02:57 AM
JiříKomínek
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm trying to run a notebook server in which I'm importing the geopandas library. If I run the cells manually everything works without problem. The moment I set a task on the notebook and want to run it automatically, the task fails. The error reports an unable to import geopandas. Geopandas is installed and when I run it manually there is no problem either.

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'geopandas'"

Does anyone have any ideas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My understanding of Notebook Server is that when different users open and run the same notebook, it happens in separate containers. When you say "geopandas is installed", how have you accomplished this? The documentation states that in order to make permanent changes to the available libraries, you need to create a custom container image:

Extend a notebook runtime—ArcGIS Notebook Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

If you've done that already, then I think you're in Bug Territory, and should contact Support. If not, then it's probably that the scheduled task is running the notebook in a separate container which does not have geopandas installed.

Have you tried installing geopandas as part of the notebook itself? That's also mentioned in the above-linked documentation page.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS