VRP - multiple orders for same location

03-28-2018 07:25 AM
TimyWong
New Contributor

VRP - multiple orders for same location

We used VRP to calculate service routes for our inspectors.

Customers could request multiple inspections under the same address.

To generate the most efficient route, we were expecting all the inspections for the same address and specialties to be assigned to the same inspector. In reality , we saw some same-address inspections were split and assigned to the same or different inspectors at different time. Customers were upset because the first inspection was done in the beginning of the day and the last inspection started after 3PM.

We tried using Order Pairs, but it only linked 2 orders at a time. Customers could request more than 2 inspections under the same address.

Any suggestions on how we can use VRP in this scenario?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

If you are definitely wanting the inspections to all happen at the same time with the same inspector then I would suggest combining the information for all of the inspections into a single order.  You can adjust the service time to reflect the additional time needed to do multiple inspections.  In the description you can also add the inspections that need to be done at that location.  

0 Kudos
TimyWong
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to add an extra layer to the solution to group multiple inspections to one. I hope the VRP can somehow notice that these are the same address and group them automatically or parameters I can set to force it to happen.

0 Kudos