Singlepart to multipart

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 04:02 AM
RaquelSaraiva2
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a polygon with one common ID, but they are separated spatially (u can see the pic to better understand).

What I want to do is cut this single polygon in multi parts.

Is this possible? I know the multipart to singlepart function on arcgis, but the opposite is possible?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

confused now... do you want to make all those polygons 1 polygon?, if so, and you have no common attribute, then get into an edit session and Union them to form one polygon.  Otherwise you need a common attribute to dissolve and all of the smaller polygons would need that common attribute.

If those little polygons are represented by 1 record in the table, then you need to use the MultiPart to SinglePart tool

There is no intermediate ground

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
RaquelSaraiva2
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

But I have just on ID. It's like a single polygon. But, in reality, i want to clip that single polygon into multiple polygon.

The dissolve tool do not solve my problem

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

confused now... do you want to make all those polygons 1 polygon?, if so, and you have no common attribute, then get into an edit session and Union them to form one polygon.  Otherwise you need a common attribute to dissolve and all of the smaller polygons would need that common attribute.

If those little polygons are represented by 1 record in the table, then you need to use the MultiPart to SinglePart tool

There is no intermediate ground

RaquelSaraiva2
New Contributor II

Done!! Thank you very much! You are very helpful, as usual 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Raquel, could you mark the answer as correct if it helped, so that others know the solution that worked