Pickup Quantities field is null in output for VRP

06-28-2017 03:49 AM
ShrutiMenon
New Contributor

I've published the Vehicle Routing Problem as a geoprocessing service on ArcGIS Server.

I have 124 points under Orders and one depot. I'm entering route input for six routes including the Capacities parameter.

I have a column in the attribute table for Orders that specifies pickup quantities; I mapped this field to Pickup Quantities while publishing the service. However in the output table for Stops, the Pickup Quantities field is blank. The routes are being generated but capacities are being ignored.  What could be the issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShubhadaKshirsagar
New Contributor III

Hello Shruti,

The only case I can think of, in this case is when there is no value for pickupquantities column for the orders.

Either it is not set in the orders table or when you assign the orders layer as input to the VRP GP service, the chosen orders layer is not the one where the pickupquantities are set.

Could you please confirm this and respond? I could help further if it is not the case.

Thanks,

Shubhada

0 Kudos
ShrutiMenon
New Contributor

Hi Shubhada,

Thanks for your response!

No, the chosen column is the one with the quantities. I've checked and double checked! I also checked the data type in the VRP tool but everything matches. While assigning the orders layers in the VRP tool in Network Analyst, I've matched that particular column to "Pickup Quantities". (I've also tried matching it to Delivery Quantities and then publishing but it's not giving me an output either way).

Thanks,

Shruti

0 Kudos
ShubhadaKshirsagar
New Contributor III

Hello Shruti,

Would you be able to send me the layer file or the orders layer?

That would give me some idea probably.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos
ShrutiMenon
New Contributor

Sure, how should I send the data?

0 Kudos
ShubhadaKshirsagar
New Contributor III

Hello Shruti,

Please send the data in email to SKshirsagar@esri.com and I will have a look.

Thanks,

Shubhada

0 Kudos
ShrutiMenon
New Contributor

In case anyone else has the same question, it was solved by keeping the column names in the data exactly the same as the parameter required by the VRP. 

For instance, in my data, the column with the pickup quantities was named "Quantity" and I had mapped it to PickupQuantities while publishing. However, this didn't work which is why it wasn't able to read the field. Once I changed the column name, it started working fine. Rather basic, but it was an oversight that no one caught!

0 Kudos