Network analysis problem

03-31-2011 08:19 AM
JörgenFidjeland
New Contributor
Hi!

I'm trying to use the "New route" tool in ArcGIS, but it doesn't work. The error message says
"Warning: No route from location "Graphic Pick 1" to location "Graphic Pick 2".
Error: No solution found.", which is not very informative. I have no idea where I should start troubleshooting.

My network dataset is based on a shapefile from OSM data from haiti.

I'm new to network analysis, so it might be a really silly mistake I've done.. Thanks for all help!

Jörgen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
VitaZlender
New Contributor
Hi,
I have the same "Warning" problem, I read through various forums and threads and still havent found the solution.
I am trzing to create bus routes using Network Analyst Layer. I created shape file of the whole bus network and its stops, and also separate shapefiles for each bus line. When I load the stops of each bus line and choose New Route, I get this warning. I have no idea what am I doing wrong, the lines are connected, etc.
If anyone has some ideas, I would appreciate.
Thanks,
vita
0 Kudos
huynhkim
New Contributor
Dear all!
How do we get information for FT_Meters and TF_Meters; FT_minute and TF_Minute ?
Property of Calculate Geometry: Length disabled

Pls helps me! thanks you very much!

My data <<<here>>>
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Your data is not projected.  So follow these steps:

Add this data to ArcMap.

Then, right-click on the Layers in the table of contents and choose properties. Click on the Coordinate System tab and then choose an appropriate projection for your data. (e.g. Asia South Albers Equal Area). Click OK.

Now right-click on the data layer and open the attribute table. Right-click on the FT_METERS field and choose Calculate Geometry. Now you can pick Length and Meters unit, click Ok.  This will update the FT_METERS with the length in meters for each edge. Do the same with the TF_METERS.

Now you can use the Field Calculator to update the FT_Minute and TF_Minute by using the FT_METERS and additional information such as speed limits, etc.

Also note, your data looks like Open StreetMap data, so make sure to use the AnyVertex connectivity when you create your network dataset.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
huynhkim
New Contributor
Thank you so much, Jay Sandhu!
0 Kudos
huynhkim
New Contributor
Dear Jay Sandhu!
I have a list of points on the map. (Ex stores)
I want to do: after selecting an area on a map, --> The selected stores-> Click Network Analyst,....
ArcGIS will automatically set the optimal route.
How can I do, Please Help me!
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
From the NA toolbar, make sure the NA window is active.
Create a new route analysis layer.
In the NA window, right-click the Stops to Load Locations to load your points.
Bring up the properties of the route layer and on the analysis tab click on the Reorder Stops to find optimal route.
Solve.

I will really suggest that you use the NA tutorials to learn more about NA. Especially the following:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Exercise_3_Finding_the_best_route_using_a_network_da...

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
huynhkim
New Contributor
Dear Jay Sandhu!
Very very good! thanks so much!

1. After, I create an new network dataset in Arc Catalog. When I open MXD File, arcgis show Add data Window. I want stop this window.

2. In Direction (Route) Window, I want change language default.

How can I do ? Please Helps me!
0 Kudos
huynhkim
New Contributor
Dear Jay Sandhu!
Very very good! thanks so much!

1. After, I create an new network dataset in Arc Catalog. When I open MXD File, arcgis show Add data Window. I want stop this window.

2. In Direction (Route) Window, I want change language default.

How can I do ? Please Helps me!

Hi! , I fixed problem no 1;
2. In Direction (Route) Window, I want change language default. How can I do ? Please Helps me!
0 Kudos