HELP! Multiple Origins with Single Destination: Network Analysis

03-03-2020 03:21 PM
NYAKOAMCKEEVER
New Contributor

I am trying to compare/calculate travel time and distance for over 100+ unique origin locations (villages) to a single destination (hospital) in network analysis. The 100+ locations are in a single shapefile. Everytime I run "route" it calculates a route along the origins. I tried using ODC and it gives me 100+ straight lines from each village to the hosptial and doesnt follow streets. However, when I import one village at a time with the hospital it works. Is there anyway around going back and creating 100+ point shapefiles for each individual village for the network analysis to work? Can someone please help? This project is time sensitive. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Make OD Cost Matrix Analysis Layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

It is either straight lines or no lines... however, the underlying solution of the cost of the route is correct, the path being shown is just different.  If you need the actual routes.

Make Closest Facility Analysis Layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

provides the option of 'along route' or straight lines.

Jay Sandhu‌ do you have any suggestions for a non-scripting workaround or would the closest facilities be ok with only one facility and multiple origins

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your ODC factors in the network distance, the line is purely representative. The attributes in the table will be accurate to network paths.

You may also consider closest facility and establishing routes for each village with scripting.

0 Kudos