Select to view content in your preferred language

Refuse Trash Collection and Navigator

11-03-2017 07:57 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Regular Contributor

My organization is looking into using the ESRI suite of apps (Survey123, Workforce and Navigator) for trash collection. I want to know if the workflow below is possible with navigator workforce and survey123 all being utilized into one workflow.

Each trash pick-up site (point on a map, about 10k+ points broken up into multiple routes by day of week) is a stop in navigator. When the user reaches that point it taps the point and a survey123 form appears and a simple survey is completed(was there cans outside (Y/n), number of cans picked up, etc.). Once finished with that stop workforce acknowledges that "pick-up" is completed and the next route stop (next point on the route) is then located with navigator and it directs them to that point. I would like to have this data from a the survey123 feature service on a  dashboard to supervisors can view live progress of the routes. 

It seems easy enough to accomplish this but someone in my organization was told by ESRI staff this is not possible with navigator? Can someone explain to me why this is not possible and/or how I can make this workflow possible. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Joe,

The exact workflow as you described it, is not supported within Navigator today.  A few things come to mind.

• When driving a multi-stop route, each stop (other than the last one) is not presented with the “you have arrived” notification.  Only the last stop in a multi-stop route is presented with a pop-up notification.
  • Navigator cannot be configured to launch another field app at each stop along the route.

The closest supported workflow to this today is:

• Using Workforce to have each stop as a task, calling Navigator from Workforce for each individual stop, and then opening Survey123 for each stop from Workforce.

You’re right, and I agree with you that your situation and scenario doesn’t seem overly complex and seems like it should be possible.  However, this workflow specifically isn’t as easy today as it could be.  Perhaps we could follow-up to get more detailed specifics from you, and work towards supporting this in an updated release.