Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to understand the metrics [Connectivity - arcgis_portal_discover (%) ]

Jump to solution
06-06-2024 02:53 AM
AravinthkumarBalasubramanian
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone, 

I can see a critical status in the monitor as  Connectivity - arcgis_portal_discovery (%)  I understand that it means the ability to successfully connect to the component.

We have an issue connecting to the portal with the admin account alone, it says too many invalid attempts, but we can login using individual accounts. Is the login issue related to the above error in the monitor ?? 

We got an info from our IT saying that there is a login attempt happening every minute may be a automated script or something from a FME workbench or anything we are not sure, but the connectivity metrics is also shows for every minute, I think those are related. If that's the case what is the possible way to resolve this critical issue.

Any inputs will be very helpful. Thank you. 

Regards
Aravinth

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@AravinthkumarBalasubramanian,

One possibility is that there are incorrect credentials stored for the Portal for ArcGIS component. This would cause the observers to not be able to connect to the component which would result in the connectivity metric reporting 0%. You can update the credentials for the component by going to the Settings page and clicking Edit under Connection:

GeoJosh_0-1717684447918.png

GeoJosh_1-1717684497080.png

If you are still seeing this behavior after updating the component credentials, then there must be some other automated process trying to log in with invalid credentials, like FME workbench. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@AravinthkumarBalasubramanian,

One possibility is that there are incorrect credentials stored for the Portal for ArcGIS component. This would cause the observers to not be able to connect to the component which would result in the connectivity metric reporting 0%. You can update the credentials for the component by going to the Settings page and clicking Edit under Connection:

GeoJosh_0-1717684447918.png

GeoJosh_1-1717684497080.png

If you are still seeing this behavior after updating the component credentials, then there must be some other automated process trying to log in with invalid credentials, like FME workbench. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh