Top 10 metrics to track in Monitor?

Jump to solution
03-26-2024 08:24 AM
GrantSmith122
New Contributor III

Hello Monitor Community!

I am a new user to Monitor and am interested in getting everyone's thoughts on some of their most beneficial metrics to track in Monitor? Our office just finished installing Monitor and has a multi-machine Staging and Production Enterprise environment that we'd like to monitor. Both the Staging and Production Enterprise environments have SQL Server DBs attached as well.

I understand that alerts and incidents will be unique to the specific business requirements that our office has, but I thought it would be interesting to get people's opinions on some of the most beneficial metrics to track that they've found. I know Monitor is capable of a lot, and I'm looking forward to using it in the most effective ways possible!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
6 Replies
DerekLaw
GrantSmith122
New Contributor III

Awesome! Thanks Derek, I'll take a look at them.

Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

I used the blog for adding elements for Enterprise Portal and have a question for the Portal User Types. Is it possible to configure this to show the different Creator roles? We have several roles that have been created and I would like to see how many of each are allocated on the Portal page. I looked and did not see any metric that showed the roles that are listed on the Portal Members page.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @Pat_Gallagher,

Is it possible to configure this to show the different Creator roles? ... I looked and did not see any metric that showed the roles that are listed on the Portal Members page.

As you mentioned, ArcGIS Monitor does not query for Enterprise portal roles at this time. Sorry. Please submit this as an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Monitor Ideas forum. 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
0 Kudos
GrantSmith122
New Contributor III

This is great, thanks Derek!