Select to view content in your preferred language

Not able to Recover User Password in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1

05-28-2024 06:17 AM
alidavari
New Contributor

I have installed and configured an ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 recently. Then, some users were added as an administrator.

The users couldn't reset their passwords. I am taking the following steps to recover the password and send the token link to them to reset their password by themselves:

1. Sign in to the ArcGIS Monitor via an administration (built-in) account
  2. Under Administration tab>Users>More options in front of each user (…)>Recover Password
  3. A password recovery token is generated for the user.

After I sent the token to the users they couldn’t reset the password. They keep getting a circular process. The link prompts them to enter their username and then sends them an email with a link to reset the password which then prompts them to enter the username which then sends an email…….life goes on in a circle.

Also, resetting the password via the profile also returns an error (the password is not defined). please see the below screenshot. 

alidavari_0-1716957830780.png

Finally, from our testing we have found that initial user creation does not require you to have the secret question populated.

However, at first logon it asks you for an answer.

I think the issue will go away if the user gets set up with a default Secret question. Defeats the purpose of it but at least it allows the user to set their password.

Is this a defect or enhancement or if I am missing something in the configuration?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

ArcGIS Monitor.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarS
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey!

Yes, there is a bug that is similar to the behavior you described: BUG-000165275 for ArcGIS Monitor (esri.com currently the status of the bug is "In Review".

I am a bit confused on your workflow. Are you setting the password for them when creating the account and once logged in, they change the password to what they would like? If yes, then they can click their name in the upper right-hand corner when logged in> My Profile > Edit Password and change it there. 

MarS_0-1716922103829.png

Warning, you may run into this bug: BUG-000165271 for ArcGIS Monitor (esri.com).

It would be best to create the users with the end users desired password. 

I hope this helps!

alidavari
New Contributor

Thank you @MarS for your reply!

Resetting the password via the profile is also returns an error (the password is not defined).

0 Kudos
MarS
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Gotcha, that would be BUG-000165271 for ArcGIS Monitor (esri.com), this will be addressed in the next release of ArcGIS Monitor. For now, it would be best to create the users with the end users desired password. 

I hope this helps!