Logs - E_OBSERVER_FAILED

08-23-2023 11:04 AM
AntheaTung
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are running Monitor 2023.2.  I checked the Logs in Monitor and saw there were pages of Severe level entries filling up quickly.  

What causes the Monitor this error and how to fix this ?

Thank you!

Anthea

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthea,

Can you tell which component the failing observers are associated with? Perhaps the component is not available to be monitored which is causing the observers to fail. If this is the case, I suggest disabling the observers in question until the component is reachable again.

Josh

AntheaTung
New Contributor III

Hi @GeoJosh  the log did not indicate which component is not available.  I tried to change the Log setting to verbose and there is not much information.  Is there a way I can check? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@AntheaTung,

If you expand one of the log entries in your screenshot, you should get more details on why the observer failed and possibly what component it belongs to. For example, in the screenshot below, my observer with ID 173 is failing because the component is not reachable.

GeoJosh_0-1692897877630.png

Are you not able to see the ID or details of the observer that is failing?

AntheaTung
New Contributor III

@GeoJosh  oh boy not sure why I missed that expand icon in the Log. I got it now thanks !

0 Kudos
JamesBratton
Occasional Contributor

What does the observer ID mean?  How do I find what it applies to?  I'm getting several different types of failures in my log.  The most recent this morning tells me that an illegal operation was attempted on a registry key.

0 Kudos
AntheaTung
New Contributor III

@JamesBratton  take the  ID in the log and login to Postgres DB and query the observers table to find component_id related to the ID.

Then query the components table with the component_id in question :

Sample:

SELECT * FROM public.components
where id = 3562021

MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh .  Can you help me understand how to fix my Discover Observer?  The observer has an error and the log details state ["Failed to create the metric 'agm-machine-name.domain'. A metric by the name 'agm-machine-name.domain' already exists."]
Thanks for any advice!

MarieCline_Delgado_0-1698160823136.pngMarieCline_Delgado_1-1698160861131.png