How do I get BusyTimePerTr.stats.avg to configure ArcSOC Optimizer plugin?

Jump to solution
05-18-2018 06:46 AM
ChrisMathers1
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to configure ArcSOC Optimizer and want to tweak UsageSecLT in the config file but the docs say it is estimated as trSum * BusyTimePerTr.stats.avg. I can get trSum out of a report run on the last month but I cant find the site wide average for BusyTimePerTr. Looking at the AGS site in Monitor I have an option to view a graph of BusyTimePerTr but its split out to each service, I cant get the average for the entire site over the period. If it is available as a site wide stat in the excel report I didn't spot it.

I am currently using the plug in in test mode. Taking the default of 40 for the 30 day config and 20 for the 1 day config seems to change my instances appropriately in the 30 day report but the 1 day drops my min instances to 0 almost across the board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying the ArcSOC Optimizer extension. The trSum * BusyTimePerTr.stats.avg is for each individual service and both these counters are available in Categories > ArcGIS. See the Busy Time per Tr(sec) table (Avg column) under the chart and the Tr counter table for Sum. Getting a site wide average is not needed by the extension. By default, the 1 day config has "execute": "False", and only will only increase instances. By default, the 30 day config will decrease and increase instances based on historical 30 days. So, when I read that "The 1 day drops my min instances to 0" I can only determine that user modifications to the config led to this result. I suggest to return to the default config values as shown in section 3.1 of the PDF to correct it:If you need more help with the ArcSOC Optimizer extension, I recommend to contact Esri Professional Services for a service engagement.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying the ArcSOC Optimizer extension. The trSum * BusyTimePerTr.stats.avg is for each individual service and both these counters are available in Categories > ArcGIS. See the Busy Time per Tr(sec) table (Avg column) under the chart and the Tr counter table for Sum. Getting a site wide average is not needed by the extension. By default, the 1 day config has "execute": "False", and only will only increase instances. By default, the 30 day config will decrease and increase instances based on historical 30 days. So, when I read that "The 1 day drops my min instances to 0" I can only determine that user modifications to the config led to this result. I suggest to return to the default config values as shown in section 3.1 of the PDF to correct it:If you need more help with the ArcSOC Optimizer extension, I recommend to contact Esri Professional Services for a service engagement.

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers1
Occasional Contributor II

I am using the default values. The only changes I made was to the workDays and workHours values. I have a snip of a comparison in excel of the report changes. Formatting colors the cells with red being greater than compared value and blue less than. The 30 day values are compared to the old values and 1 day values compared to the 30 day.

We have an EEAP agreement but haven't discussed configuration on this particular facet yet.

0 Kudos