Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a notification specifically for Branch Versioning Alerts (ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3)

Jump to solution
01-30-2024 11:44 AM
Clint_Lusk
New Contributor II

Hey guys,

I have configured and enabled the metrics for GDB Branch Version Conflicts and GDB Branch Versions.  Now I want to set up a notification specifically for those two metrics.  Despite scrolling through every setting in the notifications settings I cannot figure out how to actually set a notification for that setting.  I can't even find "GDB Branch Version" anything in the list of metrics.  

Where am I going wrong?

Clint_Lusk_0-1706643822068.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Clint_Lusk,

Thank you for the extra details. There's not a very straightforward way of accomplishing this right now. The closest I can think of is to follow the steps I outlined above but instead of using the "is" operator, use the "is any of" operator and select all the relevant metric IDs. For example:

GeoJosh_0-1706802987098.png

I understand this may be cumbersome as it requires you to first make a list of all the relevant metric IDs. I will make this use case known to the development team and see if we can improve on it in a future release.

Josh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Clint_Lusk,

Follow the steps below to configure a notification on the "GDB Branch Version" metric.

1. Set the alert rules as you see fit. Make sure alerting is enabled.

GeoJosh_0-1706715946869.png

2. On the Metric Overview page, copy the metric ID:

GeoJosh_1-1706716026696.png

3. Go to Administration > Notifications > Add Notification.

• Select "Custom notification"
  • Give the notification a name and description.
  • Click Add Event and choose "Alert" for "Resource type" and "Added" for "Operation":
  • Add a new condition: "Metric Id" IS <metricID> where "<metricID>" is the value you copied in step 2.

GeoJosh_2-1706716164208.png

4. Enable e-mail and/or webhooks if necessary.

Under this configuration, you will be notified any time an alert is opened on that specific metric. Repeat this process for each metric you would like to be notified on.

Josh

Clint_Lusk
New Contributor II

Gotcha... so you're saying the only way to alert on that Metric type is to set the alert for each component that can alert on that Metric.  I can't set an alert for All GDB Branch Versioning Metrics?

And thanks for showing me that... I had not figured out how to find that metric ID till just now.  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Clint_Lusk,

I can't set an alert for All GDB Branch Versioning Metrics?

You can batch configure alert rules in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3, please review this help topic:

Configure alert rules across multiple components

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Clint_Lusk
New Contributor II

Yup... should have clarified since we were talking about notification's, I meant  "is there no way to set a notification for that alert type in general".  As I've got the alert turned on... I was just hoping to not have to go through and select that alert for each component that has that alert type. 

Does that make sense?  I want to sent a notification to our data manager any time anything alerts on GDB Branch Versioning.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Clint_Lusk,

Thank you for the extra details. There's not a very straightforward way of accomplishing this right now. The closest I can think of is to follow the steps I outlined above but instead of using the "is" operator, use the "is any of" operator and select all the relevant metric IDs. For example:

GeoJosh_0-1706802987098.png

I understand this may be cumbersome as it requires you to first make a list of all the relevant metric IDs. I will make this use case known to the development team and see if we can improve on it in a future release.

Josh