ArcGIS Server Checks - Question

Jump to solution
03-06-2019 08:28 AM
LakshmananVenkatesan
Occasional Contributor II

1. How do I check domain account permissions of all arcGIS folders ?. Many times permissions are dislodged due to group policies which causes many problems. I need to get an alert when permission on my arcGIS and python folders get changed. Can we achieve this?

2. I need to monitor key map services which are used for HSE applications. I can find status of the service from admin end point (hope, need to try) - but I want more intelligent way of testing map service by executing queries via REST end point and browser maps and see if we get an image response (not plain HTTP 200 code). 

3. Finally I need to watch my Geoevent service (many time it hangs for various reasons)  and also data feeds (input and output). Any docs for the same?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lakshmanan,

1. Microsoft has utilities to check account permissions of specific files or folders. See: File and Disk Utilities - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs 

2. In ArcGIS Monitor 10.6.1 and higher, add an HTTP counter with the Find String option to check the response body for the expected image response. For example:

3. ArcGIS Monitor has a GeoEvent extension for monitoring input/output transactions. Also there's a Windows service extension to monitor the GeoEvent service if it stops running.

Best Regards,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lakshmanan,

1. Microsoft has utilities to check account permissions of specific files or folders. See: File and Disk Utilities - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs 

2. In ArcGIS Monitor 10.6.1 and higher, add an HTTP counter with the Find String option to check the response body for the expected image response. For example:

3. ArcGIS Monitor has a GeoEvent extension for monitoring input/output transactions. Also there's a Windows service extension to monitor the GeoEvent service if it stops running.

Best Regards,

John

0 Kudos
DeepDey
New Contributor II

Hi John , 

I had an issue after importing GeoEvent extension . The counter was successfully tested.

The issue encountered when adding alerts for GeoEvent , the counter tab is empty , i cannot see any drop down to add alerts .

Below is the screenshot of the empty alerts for the counters:

Please kindly help me on this issue.

0 Kudos
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Deep,

If you have ArcGIS Monitor 10.6.1 or higher, in the Alerts tab try clicking the "Set Default Alerts" button. Then click "Test". That should add the default alerts. If you had GeoEvent Services already running (with inputs/outputs), the counter dropdown will list throughput or transaction counters you can alert on.

If you need more help, Professional Services offers consulting support for ArcGIS Monitor extensions.

Best Regards,

John

0 Kudos