Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when exporting to S-57

Jump to solution
11-19-2023 08:13 PM
TonyDao
New Contributor

Hi Everybody,

Can anybody help me with this error when I export from geodatabase to S-57? Many thanks

TonyDao_0-1700453423506.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

@TonyDao I'm glad to hear that it helped. 🙂

The Nonlinear Segment check is a Data Reviewer check, so you can configure it in the Attribute Rules view. This help topic has steps for configuring a data reviewer validation check.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
pocalipse
New Contributor III

Hi

You probably have a feature that is self intersecting or something else that isn't a simple geometry. If you have DataReveiwer you should be able to do the same analysis on MetaDataA if not you should be able to find the feature with that specific ID.

TonyDao
New Contributor

many thanks, I have DataReviewer, is there a predefined rule already there when ArcGIS Pro is installed?

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @TonyDao ,

You can try to run the Check Geometry tool on MetadataA to see if it returns any invalid geometries. This tool will only report the errors for you to inspect. The Repair Geometry tool can be used to fix the geometry errors. Be aware that this tool modifies the input data.

With regards to Data Reviewer, you can try to run the Check Geometry check.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Paulina

0 Kudos
TonyDao
New Contributor

Thanks @Paulina 

I tried to run Check Geometry, however it does not show any error within report table.

Can u please open the demo project and see on your side for me?

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

@TonyDao 

Using the Nonlinear Segment check, I found two features with nonlinear segments in MetadataA (ObjectID 9) and RegulatedAreasAndLimitsA  (ObjectId 1) feature classes.

Paulakark_0-1700469274007.png

To remove non-linear segments, you can use the Generalize feature tool. Use Densify method  for generalizing selected features. The tool will insert vertices at constant intervals and change curved segments to a series of line segments. To find the proper densify distance value, you need to determine the desirable vertex spacing. S-57 specifies a minimum vertex spacing of 0.3 mm at scale. This value converts to 0.0003 m at scale. You should apply this limit when converting the circular arc into straight segments. For example, at 1:22000, the minimum vertex spacing is 22000 x 0.0003 = 6.6 m.

Error geometry for RegulatedAreasAndLimitsA:

Paulakark_2-1700470640970.png

Error geometry for MetadataA:

Paulakark_3-1700470782005.png

To maintain coincident boundaries with adjacent features, turn on map topology  before using the Generalize tool.

TonyDao
New Contributor

Many thanks @Paulakark . Following your instruction, I solved the problems.

Regarding to Nonlinear Segment , can you please help to show me how to run this?

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

@TonyDao I'm glad to hear that it helped. 🙂

The Nonlinear Segment check is a Data Reviewer check, so you can configure it in the Attribute Rules view. This help topic has steps for configuring a data reviewer validation check.

TonyDao
New Contributor

hi @Paulakark 

When I have an update created for an ENC, how do I quickly update it on relevant paper chart?

Let say I am using ArcGIS Pro for ENC and ArcMap for maritime for paper chart?

I need not to do it from beginning right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

@TonyDao 

Are you creating paper charts in ArcMap in standalone file geodatabases, or have you employed a complete set-up with an NIS and the Product Library get/apply changes functionality? 

It is not possible to import individual S-57 update files using the Import S-57 To Geodatabase tool. The update files must be imported at the same time as the base file. However, you could use the Esri S-57 Viewer Add-On in ArcMap, to load your updated S-57 cell (the add-on loads all updates together with the base cell) into the map document. You can select the updated features in the loaded S-57 cell and copy/paste them into your data in ArcMap. You should of course delete the old features that you have replaced. 

Starting at 3.2, ArcGIS Pro includes the Chart Automation Tool that can be used to create paper chart products. You can read more about it in the What's New blog: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/whats-new-for-arcgis-maritime-in-... To create a paper chart product in Pro, you need to create a file geodatabase with the paper chart schema and import your S-57 data.

Thanks,

Paulina