Create Chart in ArcGIS for Maritime

Jump to solution
10-25-2021 11:59 PM
NguyenBichHue
New Contributor II

Please help me with error when I try to run Chart Automation Tool in ArcGIS 10.8.1. Many thanks.

"Running script ChartAutomation...
Main_Panel:
Add Layers to TOC...
Create Grids and Graticules...
Generate Cartographic Limits...
Executing: FeatureToLine metadata_lyr C:\Users\HN\Documents\ArcGIS\scratch.gdb\metadata_toline # ATTRIBUTESERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The geometry is not M-aware
Failed to execute (FeatureToLine).

Completed script ChartAutomation...
Failed to execute (ChartAutomation)."

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @NguyenBichHue ,

I can see that the tool is failing at Generate Cartographic Limits. The process uses MetadataA features from the chart gdb and this error is usually returned if there are no M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks features in the MetadataA feature class. If that is the case, try creating a polygon covering the entire product area in the M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks subtype, and run the tool again.

Thanks,

Paulina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Thank you for providing the import log @NguyenBichHue.

Did you import S-57 data directly into your chart gdb or did you create the product using Product Library? If the chart gdb was created using Product Library, it might be that the features you imported to the NIS didn't meet the extraction query for the specified panel scale. Can you open the attribute table for the MetadataA feature class in your chart gdb and verify that the features are there?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @NguyenBichHue ,

I can see that the tool is failing at Generate Cartographic Limits. The process uses MetadataA features from the chart gdb and this error is usually returned if there are no M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks features in the MetadataA feature class. If that is the case, try creating a polygon covering the entire product area in the M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks subtype, and run the tool again.

Thanks,

Paulina

0 Kudos
NguyenBichHue
New Contributor II

Thank Paulina,

However, in my chart gdb, MetadataA feature class has many features: 

Converted 1 features in M_COVR to MetaDataA class, subtype M_COVR_Coverage.
Converted 1 features in M_NSYS to MetaDataA class, subtype M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks.
Converted 37 features in M_QUAL to MetaDataA class, subtype M_QUAL_QualityOfData.

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Thank you for providing the import log @NguyenBichHue.

Did you import S-57 data directly into your chart gdb or did you create the product using Product Library? If the chart gdb was created using Product Library, it might be that the features you imported to the NIS didn't meet the extraction query for the specified panel scale. Can you open the attribute table for the MetadataA feature class in your chart gdb and verify that the features are there?

NguyenBichHue
New Contributor II

Thank you Paulina,

I import S-57 data directly into NIS database, then connect with Product Library to create chart product. In Metadata feature class there has information of Compilation scale (22000). 

0 Kudos
NauryzbekAbylkair
New Contributor II

Dear Paulina,

I am writing to report a problem. I have the exactly the same error when I am trying to run Chart Automation tool using ArcMap 10.8.2. 

I followed your instruction to create a new polygon in M_NSYS_NavigationalSystemOfMarks in our database NIS. I added new polygon in feature class and made verifying changes>Reconcile>Nautical Post to make changes in our DB. Unfortunately, I tried to run Chart Automation tool after updating MetadataA feature class.

Could you please advise what we can do next to resolve the issue?

Please see attachment.

With respect,

Nauryzbek

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @NauryzbekAbylkair ,

Have you also performed the Get Changes/ Apply Changes to update the chart geodatabase with the new MetadataA feature? Can you verify that the MetadataA feature is available in the chart geodatabase?

Thank you,

Paulina

0 Kudos
NauryzbekAbylkair
New Contributor II

Dear Paulina,

I tried to apply Get Changes / Apply Changes to update Chart local geodatabase. But unfortunately I can not see this button in context menu when I right click on the product in Product Library. Please see attached screenshot with error.

How can I Get Changes in Arc Map 10.8.2?

Nauryzbek

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @NauryzbekAbylkair ,

Can you verify that the Maritime extension is activated in ArcMap?

Paulakark_0-1689163322149.png

Thank you,

Paulina

0 Kudos