Announcing ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS 100.13

12-15-2021 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor
1 0 1,355

We've just rolled out version 100.13 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. You can read all about the great new functionality in the overall release blog post, but there's one change that will specifically impact iOS developers…

If you manually integrated the SDK into your project, we now provide two xcframework files: ArcGIS.xcframework, and Runtimecore.xcframework.

Please be aware that when you update to 100.13, you will need make sure you also include Runtimecore.xcframework in the Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content section of your project's target's build settings.

2021-12-15_11-04-49.png

Of course, this doesn't affect developers using Cocoapods or Swift Package Manager, which will automatically integrate the change when you update (in case you needed another excuse to adopt Swift Package Manager).

We've also made a couple of minor fixes to the Toolkit.

Beyond that, make sure to read the release notes, and try out some of the new functionality. My personal highlights are vector tiles in 3D, the updates to using I3S versions 1.7 and 1.8 with 3D services (3D apps will use less memory, feel snappier, and put less drain on the battery when working with updated services), and improved control over labeling conflicts.

About the Author
Product Manager for the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, focusing on the Runtime SDK for iOS. My background is in computer science, but my professional career has always been GIS, in particular Utilities.