Display a map (UI) tutorial question

Jump to solution
10-06-2022 02:35 AM
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to load a different location then what they use in the tutorial and once I change the lat/long (in both the origin location as wel as in the map extent location) I can't see anything anymore in the circle. Am I missing something?

https://developers.arcgis.com/unreal-engine/maps/tutorials/display-a-map-ui/

Just want to show a different location then New York:-)

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

All you need to do is update the LocationComponent properties on the Camera actor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I suspect what you are seeing is common to tutorials - a small focused data set that serves to illustrate the concept. It is not a global dataset where we can move large distances. For the location you are interested in you will need to provide the relevant data sets.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your info and at this moment I am not even interested in the other data sets (that is being used in the tutorial) except showing the right area in the circle. I want to show the area that I am currently living in and even with the right EPSG, correct lat/long I can't change the map to show my area.

I have heard that in ArcGIS for Unity you can do all these things. ArcGISMapActor doesn't allow you to perform any transformations inside Unreal.

Regards,

Aydin

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

All you need to do is update the LocationComponent properties on the Camera actor

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Going to try this first thing in the morning:)

Cheers

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Tried what you proposed and works for now like a charm. Thank you for that!!!

Will soon post a video of what we are building.

Aydin

0 Kudos