Have you experienced having a silhouette model when trying to import a integrated Mesh layer?

Jump to solution
10-10-2022 11:58 PM
at_teof
New Contributor II
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with models visualising, so I have black or silhouette models after importing a mesh layer from ArcGIS Online. Has someone experienced the same thing? If so can you give me tips to counter this? Thanks.

I have an ArcGIS Map SDK inquiry, I have added here the steps that we have taken on 2 different datasets (specifically, Our test dataset (2018 3D Mesh,  and Our working dataset (2021 20mm, purchased from as a .slpk file).

With the test dataset (2018)With our working dataset (2021)
1. Use and copy the tile layer URL in ArcGIS Online 
1.Upload the 2021 20mm .slpk file to ArcGIS online.

2.Add/Paste the tile layer URL from ArcGIS Online to Unreal Engine 5 as an Arc GISIntegrated Mesh Layer
2.Use/copy the tile layer URL in ArcGIS Online 

3.Wait for it to load and visualise. Output comes out nicely. 

at_teof_0-1665470602638.png

3.Add/Paste the tile layer URL from ArcGIS Online to Unreal Engine 5 as an Arc GISIntegrated Mesh Layer . Output comes out as a Silhouette.at_teof_1-1665470602630.png

We have tried to replicate the steps on our working data, and no extra sets, aside from the uploading to ArcGIS Online to make it as hosted scene layer. Initially, we thought the silhouette model output was due to the access/restrictions (we made share level of the layer 'Public') or account priviledges (we have tried of other people to test it), however, at the end, it has given us the same black model as an output. So we would like to ask for your assistance, advise if this has to do with the ArcGIS SDK in Unreal Engine 5 or ArcGIS Online.

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
at_teof
New Contributor II

So apparently, this issue is with “compressed geometries”, and will be updated in the next version of the Maps SDKs for Game Engine. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
at_teof
New Contributor II

So apparently, this issue is with “compressed geometries”, and will be updated in the next version of the Maps SDKs for Game Engine. 

0 Kudos