Realtime 3D Data Layer Streaming

06-28-2022 11:58 PM
artpen
by
New Contributor

Hi guys,

The final release of SDK looks great. But I still have the same question as in Beta.

How to approach relative 3D buildings data streaming ? If using ArcGis services I can only create static 3D layers only for specific areas.

What I need is being able dynamically pull 3D buildings information for a selected City / Area while in play mode.

Ideally using OpenStreetMaps.

I saw in one of your webinars you have it as a feature for future development, when is it going to be available and what the workaround for now?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
artpen
by
New Contributor

Anyone from Esri?

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

Hi artpen, apologies for the delay we were pretty wrapped up in getting the Unreal Engine release out and the user conference last week.

So we will shortly be adding a sample showing you how to work with real time data hosted on StreamServer's but I think that is different than what you are mentioning. 

If you wanted to be able to dynamically pull data for a given city from open street map you would need to have access to a layer is populated for that area.

In the near future we are going to be adding support for this layer https://esriinc.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=037cceb0e24440179dbd00846d2a8c4f which will give you access for the entire world's OSM building content. We would then handle loading all of that dynamically for you.

I can't give you a specific date yet because we are just starting planning for our next release but support for this is something I am really looking forward to.

0 Kudos