Problem connecting to ReverseGeoCoding and routing on android

379
3
Jump to solution
01-18-2023 01:37 PM
GKirouac
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently building a Unity project for Android and iOS.

I manage to make everything work in Unity directly, I have no problem sending requests to the different APIs and receiving results. I tested a windows build and it works on there as well.

However, when I build on Android and test it, I can receive and AdressQuery no problem via Geocoding, but the ReverseGeocoding and Routing are not working properly. Is there anything known on this issue ?

Let me know if you need more precise information, I will try to get it.

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GKirouac
New Contributor II

Hi everyone. I ended up finding what was causing the problem.

For an unknown reason to me. My Unity build for android modified the stringified doubles of my location to have a , instead of a .

So it was sending something like (-72,983847,42,90548) instead of (-72.983847,42.90548) thus causing an error in the parameters, A simple ToString().Replace(',' , '.') did the job.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
coryeicher
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Check this post/thread out. May be the same issue/solution.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-sdk-for-unity-questions/enabling-arcgis-service-calls-from...

-Cory

CORY EICHER
www.eichcorp.com
cory@eichcorp.com
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

Those are just samples. We are always looking to improve them and make them work out of the box on more platforms but if you want to use those samples on a mobile platform you will have to modify it.

We will look to document it better when we know a sample won't work on a specific platform.

0 Kudos
GKirouac
New Contributor II

Hi everyone. I ended up finding what was causing the problem.

For an unknown reason to me. My Unity build for android modified the stringified doubles of my location to have a , instead of a .

So it was sending something like (-72,983847,42,90548) instead of (-72.983847,42.90548) thus causing an error in the parameters, A simple ToString().Replace(',' , '.') did the job.

0 Kudos