Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Tabletop Map only partially rendering for Quest Pro build

09-05-2023 11:13 AM
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

I'm trying to create a tabletop map for a Quest Pro app in Unity 2021.3.24f. Inserting a tabletop map prefab into the scene seems to only render the center tiles. Doesn't seem to be specific to whether the map extent shape is circular, square, or rectangular. Could someone help me troubleshoot what might be happening? I'm able to get a circular map on a desktop version of the app.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 140922.png

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ZackAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi Geoffrey, thank you for reaching out.
Can you please share your Map component properties? It also would be helpful to see the properties of the Tabletop component as well.
Currently, only circular extents are supported for the tabletop components. Using square or rectangular with version 1.3 will not work by default.

Zack

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

Hi Zack,

I'm using the Tabletop Prefab in ArcGIS Unity SDK v1.3.0

GeoffreyBund_0-1693959960680.png

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

Here are the tabletop component properties.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 130307.png

0 Kudos
ZackAllen
Esri Contributor

Okay these all look correct.
This issue is most likely with the shaders that clip the map to the extent. I have seen a similar issue in an XR project where another plugin modified the clipping shaders and broke them.
Can you please try removing, then re-adding the ArcGIS Maps SDK plugin in your Oculus project?

Specifically-
Packages > ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity > SDK > Resources > Shaders > AlphaClipping.hlsl
This is used to clip to the radius.
Packages > ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity > SDK > Resources > Shaders > TileSurfaceCalculateAlphaClipping.shadersubgraph
and
Packages > ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity > SDK > Resources > Shaders > SceneNodeSurfaceImpl.shadersubgraph
use this shader code for clipping. If any of these have been modified, it may be causing this issue.

Zack

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

Is there a way to check if the shaders have been modified? I tried reimporting the plugin and I'm still seeing this clipping issue. Also, is there a way I can find any other plugins interfering with this shader? Thanks!

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

Also, I did not mention this earlier, but my project uses URP and not HDRP

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

@ZackAllen could you please advice on how I can check if another plugin is interfering with the ArcGIS shader? I've tried reimporting the ArcGIS plugin but the edge tiles don't seem to be clipped properly. 

0 Kudos
ZackAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi Geoffrey. I created a scene with a tabletop map and deployed it to a Meta Quest 2. I was unable to reproduce the issue you shared. I have additional questions for you:
- What texture compression are you using? (I used ETC2, haven't tested others yet)
- Are you moving the map? Are you modifying the center or radius during runtime?

Zack

0 Kudos
GeoffreyBund
New Contributor III

Hi @ZackAllen , I was also able to create a scene with the tabletop map on a blank project and deploy to a Quest headset. Yes, the center and radius are changed at runtime but I didn't see any issues on this new from-scratch project. I use ETC2 compression. But when I do the same in our active Unity project (same editor version, and project settings) I get that partially rendered map. You'd mentioned that it might be due to a different plugin interfering. If that is the case, is there a way to check what might be interfering?

0 Kudos