Renaming mapboards do not save when I reopen illustrator document

03-13-2019 10:11 AM
MelodyPopkin
New Contributor III

When I go into the mapboard, I unlock it, click on the mapboard options button and change the name. I hit ok and I save and close out of the Illustrator document. When I open it again however, the name of the Mapboard is is reverted back to what it was before. Why is it not retaining the new name I gave it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

The map unlock workflow allows you to modify the map extent and will always result in a new file. So if you unlock a mapboard and change the name - it does not alter a mapboard that was synced previously and is already embedded into a file. We have updated this experience for the next release - to indicate better in the interface that unlocking will create a new file. We are calling it 'duplicate' - it creates a copy of the mapboard and its layers. I am assuming you are doing to figure out the issue mentioned in your other post. Is there another reason who you are looking to change the name of a mapboard already embedded? FYI - I ll post a comment in the other post as well about file naming. Thank you for raising this question.

0 Kudos