Retaining layer names

11-27-2018 11:29 PM
MarkWigley
Esri Contributor

When downloading my content into Adobe I lose the original layer names and the names default back to Layer 1 or something similar.

Would it be possible to have the original names kept? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

This should not be happening. The layer names should be retained. I want to help figure it out with you. I will message you to help solve this.

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

The names of the layers in your webmap should be retained, but they will all be put under a single group layer named 'Layer 1'. This is so that if you download multiple times we can keep the layers from each download organized and separate from one another. Are you seeing something different than this?

MarkWigley
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

This screen shot shows what I am seeing.

In the Contents table I have VectorStreetMap but this does not appear anywhere in my Layers list, here it is labelled as Europe.

I hope this explains my point? 

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

The VectorStreetMap layer is a special case. That's a vector basemap which we maintain, and we do some additional server-side logic when downloading a map that includes that layer. The data for the service is broken up into regional group layers, each named for the region of the world that they cover.

That said, we're making some changes to how we structure the layers for our next release, and are also updating the source data for the VectorStreetMap layer. I'll create an issue in our backlog to revisit our naming convention for VectorStreetMap.

Thanks,

Steve

MarkWigley
Esri Contributor

Thanks Steve.

0 Kudos