Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when syncing into Illustrator

Jump to solution
11-02-2023 03:13 AM
AdamBushnell
Emerging Contributor

Hi just upgraded to the new 2024 Illustrator and the 3.6.0 plugin and am now getting the following error when trying to sync a map into illustrator. Any ideas? 

Screenshot 2023-11-02 101236.png

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdamBushnell, we have another possible solution for you to try. Can you try the following steps:

1. Close Illustrator
  2. Locate the config.json from C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\m4cc\config
  3. Open the config.json above in a text editor
  4. Change the "outputDirectory" value to a local folder (e.g. "outputDirectory": "C:/Users//Documents/") and save the file.
  5. Restart Illustrator and sync a mapboard.

Let me know how this works for you.

- Anna

View solution in original post

AdamBushnell
Emerging Contributor

Thank you so much! This works great 

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

This issue has been resolved and is in the 3.7 version of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Could. Please upgrade to the latest version of the extension if you are running into this issue. Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdamBushnell ,

Can you try uninstalling the Maps for Adobe extension and then reinstalling it? This may be related to the order in which you updated your software. Let me know if that fixes your issue!

-Anna

0 Kudos
AdamBushnell
Emerging Contributor

Hi Anna,

I'm afriad that unstalling and reinstalling the software hasn't fixed the issue. It's strange as it was working fine before the recent illustrator/arcgis extension update.

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hey there @AdamBushnell

After a bit more digging, it looks like the issue you're seeing may be related to your download folder naming convention. How fun!

If we look at the screenshot you shared above, you'll notice a "%2c" after OneDrive - in your download folder URL. This indicates that there may be a comma in your OneDrive folder name...and commas (and other special characters) can break things 😀

If you can change the name of your OneDrive folder to not contain any special characters, such as commas, your issue should be resolved. 

To change the name of your folder you can try right clicking your OneDrive folder location, go to properties, and you can edit the name of your folder there. If you complete those steps but don't have access to make name edits, you may have to disconnect your OneDrive account. After you unlink your account, then you can go to properties and edit the name of the folder, and then re-link your OneDrive. 

Here are some steps to help with that process if needed

Anna_Breton_0-1699388580239.png

If we can get rid of that comma, you should be able to sync maps with no issues. 

Let me know if this helps!

-Anna

0 Kudos
AdamBushnell
Emerging Contributor

Hi Anna, 

Thanks for all the help so far 

I'm afraid that option won't work - my organisation's oneDrive location is pre-named and can't be changed. From a bit of goggling it seems that Microsoft will use the naming convention for all enterprise clients with that comma. 

Nothing has changed apart from the illustrator 2024 and arcgis extension 3.6 upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdamBushnell, we have another possible solution for you to try. Can you try the following steps:

1. Close Illustrator
  2. Locate the config.json from C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\m4cc\config
  3. Open the config.json above in a text editor
  4. Change the "outputDirectory" value to a local folder (e.g. "outputDirectory": "C:/Users//Documents/") and save the file.
  5. Restart Illustrator and sync a mapboard.

Let me know how this works for you.

- Anna

AdamBushnell
Emerging Contributor

Thank you so much! This works great 

ElisabethNadin
New Contributor

I just tried this an it's not working for me. I have set up the configuration as you recommended, I have the new version of ArcGISMapsforAdobeCC ... and still My .ai (2023 OR 2024) won't open and .aix file. Any other ideas for me? thanks.

0 Kudos
JanaiSmith
New Contributor

When i try this solution, the plugin no longer works.

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

This issue has been resolved and is in the 3.7 version of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Could. Please upgrade to the latest version of the extension if you are running into this issue. Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos