Problem from Oracle SQL ... Help!!

3484
10
03-03-2013 05:38 AM
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
First of all, I installed Oracle 11gR2 64bit as the database system, and 32bit client as well .

Then, I follow the arcgis guide book to set the nautical product library.
When I tried to make the class in "Desktop nautical environment" and import existing ENC 000 file to library, some problem came to me as attached.
You can see the error: " Underlying DBMS error [ORA-00936: missing expression] [SDE.CKB_File] ".
It also happens while in enterprise environment.

However, when I did same processing in MSSQL 2008R2, it went well.

Is there any bug in "New nautical product"?

Thanks a lot!

BTW, I'm asked to study ESRI ArcGIS maritime solution as reference for my company's contract.
Reply
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
First of all, I installed Oracle 11gR2 64bit as the database system, and 32bit client as well .

Then, I follow the arcgis guide book to set the nautical product library.
When I tried to make the class in "Desktop nautical environment" and import existing ENC 000 file to library, some problem came to me as attached.
You can see the error: " Underlying DBMS error [ORA-00936: missing expression] [SDE.CKB_File] ".
It also happens while in enterprise environment.

However, when I did same processing in MSSQL 2008R2, it went well.

Is there any bug in "New nautical product"?

Thanks a lot!

BTW, I'm asked to study ESRI ArcGIS maritime solution as reference for my company's contract.



Another Day...
The problem happens to me again.
It's in Microsoft SQL 2012 this time.
"SDE.CKB_FILE" confuses me once more.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III
Hi Alec,

I will be looking into this and determining how to best help you. One thing that stood out was that the CKB_FILE that is being complained about belonged to SDE.CKB_FILE (Master Instance Repository Administrator) when it should belong to PL user (Data Owner) in a separate user schema. I am not sure if you followed the guidebook for setting up the enterprise environment in Oracle but here is a link to the introduction to see if that helps:http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/0106/01060000038n000000.htm


I am not a DBA by any means, but hope by pointing out some references I can help get you started again.

Regards,
Geoff
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
thank you very much.

Yes, I followed the guide book as that you posted.

I tried a variety of DB accounts, such as dbo and sde. And, the ckb_file problem happens all the time.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III
Hi Alec,

Have you tried the same workflow using an english client/settings? I noticed that some of the windows display with chinese text. I am curious to know if there is a problem when executing the "SELECT from" statements based on the error you reported missing expression.

Regards,
Geoff
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
What I was thinking of is as you mention.
However... the arcsde+SQL server 2008R2 Express attached in the ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 can work very well.
Is there any difference from each others?
Would you please teach me how to properply make the sQL 2012 setting?

Thanks a lot
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
hi ggomez

May I ask if you can run the new nautical Product well while applying the sde connection to database ?

Best Regards
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by
New Contributor
I come to here again.

This time I install MS SQL Server 2012 English client/server in my MS windows 7 .
And same thing happened again as attached pic.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Hi Alec

We had similar problems with Nautical Sollution.

The communication between the Oracle Client and the Oracle Server also have a language setting.
I'ts controled by a parameter in the windows registry, but I don't have the details here. Try run regedit from command line to open the regestry editor. Search for Oracle to find NLS_LANG. Turn them away from local language towards US standard.

If you cant find it, mail me at work, and I'll find the exact location for you tomorrow.

Best regards
Martin <MaHvi@gst.dk>
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III
Hi Alec,

I wonder if it would be possible for you to provide me with a SDE Intercept log to see if we can get more information about why your process is failing. I regularly use a number of environments without issue, so hopefully we can identify what the problem you are encountering relates to. Can you please run the new product wizard after establishing the SDEINTERCEPT following the steps below?


1. Save and stop any ArcGIS edit sessions
2. Close all ArcGIS applications on the client machine
3. Right click on My Computer
4. Select Properties
5. Go to Advanced system settings
6. Click Environment Variables
7. Under System variables, add the following environment variables

Variable name:      sdeintercept
Variable value:      crwtf
sdeinterceptloc:     C:\temp\sde_client
sdeverbose: TRUE

(Note that the C:\temp folder must already exist on the client computer)

                                                                                            
8. Click OK to exit the Environmental Variables dialog
9. Click OK to exit the System Properties dialog
10. Reproduce the error using ArcGIS for Desktop
11. Copy the direct connect log (C:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sdedc_SQLServer.log) to the C:\temp directory
12. Send zipped sde_client files created in C:\temp along with the sdedc_SQLServer.log
13. Remove the environment variables created above from the client machine.


The PMErrors.xml found in your %appdata% path is also helpful!

Regards,
Geoff
Reply
0 Kudos