Iterator in pro doesn't iterate - produces 000229

Jump to solution
11-09-2017 11:05 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a model which contains an iterator.

The iterator reads from a network drive and outputs to a local location.

The local folder is defined as an inline variable, such as %localFolder%.

The output filename is defined as %Name%.

So in iterator it is %Folder%\%Name%

When I run the model it always runs the first tool (clip). The second tool casts a 000229, saying that it cannot open the file.

However the file exists in the proper location, with the right filename. I can import the file, it looks correct.

However the file is displayed as "FeatureClass".

I tried importing working models from ArcGIS basic, and rebuilding models.

As far as I can tell from the documentation there is no significant revisions in model builder, so I probabaly missedd something.

Hope someone solved this problem.

Error report:

Start Time: Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:42 AM

Executing (Iterate Feature Classes): IterateFeatureClasses "P:\1012613 FTN Passiv RB Teknisk Rådgivning\06 Gennemførelse\Miljø\GIS\Shapes til konfliktsøgning" # # NOT_RECURSIVE

Start Time: Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:42 AM

Succeeded at Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:43 AM (Elapsed Time: 1.09 seconds)

Executing (Clip): Clip "P:\1012613 FTN Passiv RB Teknisk Rådgivning\06 Gennemførelse\Miljø\GIS\Shapes til konfliktsøgning\BeskyttedeStenJorddiger.shp" LH_FTN_Buffer1 C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip #

Start Time: Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:43 AM

Assembling Features...

Reading Features...

Cracking Features...

Succeeded at Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:49 AM (Elapsed Time: 5.71 seconds)

Executing (Buffer (2)): Buffer C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerbuf2 "3 Meters" Full Round "No Dissolve" # Planar

Start Time: Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:49 AM

ERROR 000229: Cannot open C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip

Failed to execute (Buffer (2)).

Failed at Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:49 AM (Elapsed Time: 0.01 seconds)

Failed to execute (Model2).

Failed at Friday, November 10, 2017 7:47:49 AM (Elapsed Time: 7.27 seconds)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The message says that it cannot open "C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip". But in what format is it?. Isn't there an extension (.shp) missing? Could you check if a file with that name exists in that folder. I see that it is created siccesfully in the clip before, but I think this might have created a shapefile called C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip.shp

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

that error has many sources, sometimes it is due to having 'background geoprocessing' enabled

http://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012177

You can check for other related errors on that error code, here is a general list

http://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=error 000229

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the input.

I don't see how this should have any effect on iterator in ArcGIS Pro. You can't disable background geoprocessing in Pro as far as i know.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

missed the pro... just saw it was in mapping and charting

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The message says that it cannot open "C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip". But in what format is it?. Isn't there an extension (.shp) missing? Could you check if a file with that name exists in that folder. I see that it is created siccesfully in the clip before, but I think this might have created a shapefile called C:\testmappe\Test3OS\BeskyttedeStenJorddigerclip.shp

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. That did the trick.

I appended .shp. So that the output of every tool is now %FTNtest%\%Name%.shp.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

However.... In Contents (on the map) the feature classes are displayed as the inline variable name...

0 Kudos