Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoom to feature layer selection problem

Jump to solution
09-26-2014 10:30 AM
RyanSellman
Deactivated User

In the app I am working on, I allow users to select features from a feature layer, which I add using MODE_SELECTION.  I have it set to zoom to the extent of the selected graphics, upon the end the user drawn polygon.  The issue I am having is odd.  When you do the selection for the first time in the session, the features are selected, but the extent doesn't change.  If I perform another selection, it zooms to what the previous selection extent was.  If I do another selection, again it zooms to the previous selection's extent and so on.

If I add the layer using MODE_ONDEMAND, it works perfectly.  Anyone know what I am missing?  Attached is the querytask code.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bet this is a deferred event issue. Try moving your map.setExtent() function inside of the feature selection callback function right above it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bet this is a deferred event issue. Try moving your map.setExtent() function inside of the feature selection callback function right above it.

RyanSellman
Deactivated User

Sarah,

That was it!  Thanks for the help!

Ryan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear it! It's good practice in the forums to mark a reply as the 'Correct Answer' when it solved your issue, so other folks can find solutions more easily. Have a good one!

0 Kudos