WMS GetFeatureInfo on click

Jump to solution
08-30-2022 05:15 AM
Vakhtang_Zubiashvili
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

I want to get WMS layer info on click as we have feature layer popup. Is there any working example i can use, or any suggestion how can i do it? All examples i saw is for old version, i use JS API 4.24.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Vakhtang_Zubiashvili - You can use esri/request with the WMSLayer.featureInfoUrl to get the WMS layer info. Here's an example: https://codepen.io/richiecarmichael/pen/rNdENop?editors=1001

0 Kudos
Vakhtang_Zubiashvili

Hi Ann, thanks for replay.

Seems that it works, but when i put my WMS service link i get error :  Uncaught (in promise)Object { name: "request:server", details: {}, message: "JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" }, and i do not why, maybe because i use proxy to this WMS layer? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Vakhtang_Zubiashvili

I did it, just added "queryable: true" under sublayer and it works now like a charm

const layer = new WMSLayer({ url,
      sublayers: [
        {
          name: "LR_PARCELS_transparent",
          queryable: true
        }
      ]
    });
ameliasarah
New Contributor

This example shows how to trigger WMS GetFeatureInfo requests on click for a WMS tile layer. Additionally layer.getData(pixel) is used to change the  spacebar counter  mouse ... I want to get WMS layer info on click as we have feature layer popup. Is there any working example i can use, or any suggestion how can i do it?When I launch this in Chrome, the map with the overlay displays fine and there is no error message in the console. However, there is no response ...Leaflet WMS + GetFeatureInfo ... Register a click listener, then do all the upstream WMS things ... Construct a GetFeatureInfo request URL given a point.

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

You can enable the popup on WMSLayer by setting popupEnabled: true, and queryable: true on the WMSSublayer. Here's an example: https://codepen.io/annefitz/pen/gOjWNKb?editors=100

0 Kudos