Select to view content in your preferred language

When is the release for Angular 18 coming?

yesterday
joelwüthrich
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of Angular 18 and its compatibility with the ArcGIS API for Angular. Angular 18 has been out since May, but I haven't come across any information regarding when we can expect an update or beta release from ArcGIS for Angular to support this latest version.

Could someone please shed some light on the timeline or point me to any relevant discussions or repositories where updates about this are being shared? It would be really helpful to know the progress or any plans in this regard, because I build a app right now with the old version; but with Angular 18. From there my Tekton Pipeline can't build this project propperly, so I have to wait for the version... or I need a Beta.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @joelwüthrich we have verified basic functionality works in Angular 18 with the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript. You can always check on the latest version that has been verified via the simple working example here: https://github.com/Esri/jsapi-resources/tree/main/core-samples/jsapi-angular-cli. Be sure to read the Known Issues section of the README. Angular 18 gives you two bundler choices: esbuild (default) and webpack. If you have additional questions feel free to post them here, in the community forum.

0 Kudos