Select to view content in your preferred language

Ways to identify an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer / non-Feature Layer

10-09-2014 07:13 PM
XavierThay
Deactivated User

Hi all,

currently I am having difficulties identifying the type of object to use when retrieving layers.

This is done in Javascript / JQuery front end & Java MVC / Hibernate controller mid tier.

I am hitting a REST service to grab said layer info, majority of the layers are of type "Feature Layers".

Which is loaded from an ARCGis backend and loaded into a new "esri.layers.FeatureLayer" Javascript object.

Like this:

var featureLayer = new esri.layers.FeatureLayer(url, { [options] };

This however does not work smoothly with other layers (e.g. in particular "Annotation Layers")

For Annotation Layers, I need to use the esri.layers.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(url) Javascript object.

var dynamicLayer = new esri.layers.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(url);

--

And here lies my problem: I currently have no way to identify if said object is a "Feature Layer" or any other type of Layer.

I was wondering if I could load the layer into an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer Object and ues its properties to see if it is indeed a non-Feature Layer, but the methods / fields for the class seem rather lacklustre.

--

TLDR: Anyone knows of a way of identify an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer layer loaded from REST?

Sincerely,

Xavier

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use esri.request on the service to get more information about it, including layer type. Take a look at this discussion.

0 Kudos