Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrade from 4.16 to 4.22; 2000+ FeatureLayer requests on startup

03-14-2022 10:37 AM
LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

I recently updated an internal application from JSAPI 4.16 to 4.22 to evaluate the memory and performance improvements in the Feature Layers. 

After the update, the application first off over 2,000 requests to the various Feature Layers, which results in a load time of over 3 minutes. The volume of services requests results in several hundred returning `ERR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES` from the ArcGIS Server, too.

Our application loads a Webmap by ID from ArcGIS Online and creates about 20 stand-alone FeatureLayer objects that are used for querying that are not added to the map during start up.

It appears that many of the requests are for the gridded query strategy (different, sequential bounding boxes) of the Feature Layers, which I can understand, but didn't expect the volume of queries or such different startup behavior from 4.16.

Looking for advice on what approach I can take to isolate and control the amount of queries made by the FeatureLayer class and if there are any specific behaviors of the FeatureLayer that we should be aware of in the jump from 4.16 to 4.22 that might be exacerbating this issue.

Note: I have reviewed the Breaking Changes information and the Release Notes in general, but did not pick up any anything specific from those sources.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

No effect. I'll work on bisecting the JSAPI versions.

0 Kudos
MattReames2
New Contributor II

I am having a similar problem -- stuck on the 4.20 to 4.21 upgrade.  The app basically goes into a catastrophic failure, I get flooded with net::ERR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES errors.

I've tried the suggestions in this thread, as well as tried upgrading to 4.22/4.23, and it hasn't helped.

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Hi @MattReames2, do you have a codepen or a repro that we can use to take a look? If not you can work with support and they can help to create something for us to take a look at. 

0 Kudos
MattReames2
New Contributor II

i'm getting it together now, and writing up a support ticket.