Select to view content in your preferred language

Update basemap from streets to streets-vector

03-29-2022 03:00 PM
tryingtolearn9
New Contributor

Hello I'm trying to update my basemap from "streets" to "streets-vector" since "streets" is deprecated. I thought it would be a simple change but I have issues when switching to a vector map.

My current code is:

let map = new Map ({

basemap: "streets"

});

When I change "streets" to "streets-vector" I expect it to work but the map does not show that basemap. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @tryingtolearn9 -

You should be able to just change the basemap string to "streets-vector". Here's a sample showing it working in a simple map: https://codepen.io/laurenb14/pen/OJzgGwz?editors=1000

Are there any errors in the browser console? If there is a typo or a space added to the basemap string, that could cause the basemap to not display.

Lauren
0 Kudos
JeffreyWilkerson
Occasional Contributor III

That should be all that you would need to do.  Are you using a 4.x version of the Javascript API?  Maybe try "topo-vector", or "streets-relief-vector" to see if you can see any of the vector basemaps.

0 Kudos
tryingtolearn9
New Contributor

I tested with other vector maps and for some reason all of them don't work for me, but the non-vector maps work though so I feel like we're narrowing the problem down. In my package.json I have "@arcgis/core": "^4.22.2" as a dependency.

0 Kudos