Unable to print Bing basemaps

01-18-2013 06:39 AM
DerekWicks1
New Contributor
Using the Print widget I am unable to print any of the Bing basemaps. All of the regular Esri basemaps print fine but when I try to print a map with a Bing basemap turned on I get the following error:

Error executing tool.: Layer "layer0": Unable to connect to Microsoft Bing service. Authentication failed. Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20843[/ATTACH]

I am using version 3.3 of the API and Server 10.1 SP1. Server Manager shows I have the Bing Maps extension enabled and I have entered the Bing key when adding the basemaps to the basemap gallery. I am able to print Bing basemaps using the Esri sample server leading me to believe that there is some sort of setting or parameter I'm missing in my PrintingTools service.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShreyasVakil
Occasional Contributor II
Check if your ArcGIS Server machine has internet access to access the bing map service.
0 Kudos
DerekWicks1
New Contributor
Don't think this is the problem, the machine has internet access and is able to ping www.bing.com.
0 Kudos
MattNicol
New Contributor III

Print requests do not include the Bing Maps key for some reason.  If you're using a proxy to handle requests, you can add the Bing Maps key through code, and the request will authorize.

Look for something like this in your request:

[{"id":"layer2","visibility":true,"type":"BingMapsroad","culture":"en-US","opacity":1}

And change it to this:

[{"id":"layer2","visibility":true,"token","<YOURBINGMAPSKEY>","type":"BingMapsroad","culture":"en-US","opacity":1}

0 Kudos