Select to view content in your preferred language

TypeScript interfaces for TimeSlider / TimeSliderProperties seems to be out of sync

08-02-2024 02:16 PM
mleahy_cl
New Contributor III

Hi - I've just upgraded to the `@arcgis/core` package from version 4.29.10 to version 4.30.9.  We use the timeslider widget in part of our application, and it seems like the interfaces around this have changed.  The `TimeSliderProperties` interface no longer matches the type expected for the `stops` property of the `TimeSlider` widget.  The constructor for the `TimeSlider` widget itself seems to no longer expect a properties object that conforms to `TimeSliderProperties`, and now uses a similar one called `widgetsTimeSliderProperties`.  That interface does match, so that's okay I guess...but it seems a bit curious and inconsistent.

Aside from that, in our application, we tend to use the global `__esri` namespace to refer to types from the SDK whenever possible, especially in cases where we do not need to import the actual class (e.g., if we're getting an instantiated widget passed from another module in the application).  In this case, it appears that the `__esri.TimeSlider` interface also has the same inconsistency as the `__esri.TimeSliderProperties` interface, in that its `stops` property no longer matches that actual stops property of the `TimeSlider` class in the SDK.

These are minor issues that I can work around...but it seems like maybe there's something inconsistent in package that has been published.  Is there a reason that I should no longer expect these interfaces to match?

0 Kudos
0 Replies