Select to view content in your preferred language

StreamLayerView

Jump to solution
01-22-2024 04:09 AM
ErsiLover
New Contributor III

Hello I have a question regarding streamLayerView I know I can see and keep track of data that is being received by the stream layer view using streamLayerView.on('data-received'), my question is, is there any way to keep track of data that is being removed from the stream layer view beacuse of purge options

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @ErsiLover 

I don't believe that it is possible to view the data that is purged directly from the purgeOptions function, but you may be able to do a query for the same options you're searching for. So if you were attempting to purge all information that exists before a certain date, you can issue a lookup through the createQuery() function before running the purge and that will display your data that has been purged, and if wanting to review before submitting, you may be able to place a while loop that would only complete once you have entered "Yes" or something similar.

streamLayerView.on('data-received') seems to return an object of objects if I see it correctly, you should be able to assign this to a variable to inspect through console.log, or any other type of inspection you would like and then reference with a variable such as output.added and output.updated for all added and updated information possibly.

Hope this helps!

Cody

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @ErsiLover 

I don't believe that it is possible to view the data that is purged directly from the purgeOptions function, but you may be able to do a query for the same options you're searching for. So if you were attempting to purge all information that exists before a certain date, you can issue a lookup through the createQuery() function before running the purge and that will display your data that has been purged, and if wanting to review before submitting, you may be able to place a while loop that would only complete once you have entered "Yes" or something similar.

streamLayerView.on('data-received') seems to return an object of objects if I see it correctly, you should be able to assign this to a variable to inspect through console.log, or any other type of inspection you would like and then reference with a variable such as output.added and output.updated for all added and updated information possibly.

Hope this helps!

Cody