Sample Javascript Viewer

05-27-2010 12:26 PM
ChristianSmith
New Contributor III
Does anyone know if the sample viewer team plans to upgrade, change / modify the JS sample viewer in the near future ?

Thanks

Smitty
0 Kudos
72 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
good luck.  Email me direct if you have any questions jeff.pace (at) mymanatee (dot) org

We have done custom widgets for
Live Coordinate displays in multiple coordinate systems simultaneously (not using the slow geometry service)
Searching
Measuring
Printing
Redlining/Editing (in progress)
BaseMap Control with Google Maps as a basemap (integrated full screen streetview)
Google Earth
Googe Maps as a widget
Mailing Lists
Identifying multiple services simultaneously (user selectable)
Security /logins over https
styling via URL
0 Kudos
hcgis
by
New Contributor III
HI Jeff
About the google maps  widget ,  which  license of google maps do you have or it's free.
Google sayed that we may not access the maps or satellite images through any mechanism besides the Google Maps APIs (see the paragraph Can I access the Maps and Satellite images directly? in this link)
Our website is a non-profit website, do we need a license?.
Please feel free to tell me what can i do to use google maps tile in our website.
many thanks
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
We use the map api's , which are free.  googles terms are difficult to say the least but i believe we follow the spirit.
0 Kudos
irishadar
New Contributor III
Hi all i have upgraded the original 1.2 sample javascript viewer to 3.2 , but only the basic widgets.
if any one wants the code i can send it 🙂

iris hadar
0 Kudos
JayLee
by
New Contributor
iris hadar

Can you provide the updated javascript viewer? Appreciate!!!.

lee
0 Kudos
KevinMacLeod1
Occasional Contributor III
iris hadar

Can you provide the updated javascript viewer? Appreciate!!!.

lee

Yes Iris Hadar if you can post example code, you will be a hero for many of us! Thank you for your contribution.

We also need to create a basic GIS viewer website. We need to convert an existing site from Flex to a Javascript and HTML5 based site.

The Basic Viewer JavaScript Template is excellent. Only one problem as many others here have noted. It depends on ArcGIS.com. I am working on and researching trying to make this template work locally.

We need to switch it to point only to our servers and get rid of any external dependencies and links (i.e. to ArcGIS.com)

I like how I can easily set the Basic Template up on the ArcGIS.com with what layers I want, how it looks, extent etc. I wish I could just press a button now to make it point to our services. I have read in the other thread that with the "webmap" documentation you can somehow use JSON to do this. I'm just starting to learn all this web GIS programming so at first that sounded intimidating, so a template or guide would be greatly useful.

ESRI representatives since we are using ArcServer would this be a good Template to consider creating in the future? (That is already set up to use our own internal services (I guess it's fine if it points to the ESRI JS API as long as it's easy to change to point to a local copy if needed... which it already is easy as is, it appears).. I think this will definitely help sell ArcServer licenses because it makes it easier to use your software and ESRI ecosystem, of ArcGIS and taking it to the cloud.

Thank you for considering this.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
I've attached a simplified version of the basic viewer that doesn't use an arcgis.com web map. Note that you'll have to add back in popups for layers and if your layers are editable or time-aware you'd have to add logic in to handle that functionality too.

Take a look at the createMap function to see how the template was modified.

Yes Iris Hadar if you can post example code, you will be a hero for many of us! Thank you for your contribution.

We also need to create a basic GIS viewer website. We need to convert an existing site from Flex to a Javascript and HTML5 based site.

The Basic Viewer JavaScript Template is excellent. Only one problem as many others here have noted. It depends on ArcGIS.com. I am working on and researching trying to make this template work locally.

We need to switch it to point only to our servers and get rid of any external dependencies and links (i.e. to ArcGIS.com)
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I hope everyone is aware that we are talking about to very different viewers here.

the one Kelly posted is a version of the (more) recently released Basic viewer that removes the arcgis.com dependencies.

The one Iris was talking about was the original 1.2 api Javascript Sample Viewer (looks similiar to the Flex viewer).
0 Kudos
BillShockley
Occasional Contributor
I hope everyone is aware that we are talking about to very different viewers here.

the one Kelly posted is a version of the (more) recently released Basic viewer that removes the arcgis.com dependencies.

The one Iris was talking about was the original 1.2 api Javascript Sample Viewer (looks similiar to the Flex viewer).

Jeff, do you have code for the one that looks similar to flex viwer?
0 Kudos
BillShockley
Occasional Contributor
I've attached a simplified version of the basic viewer that doesn't use an arcgis.com web map. Note that you'll have to add back in popups for layers and if your layers are editable or time-aware you'd have to add logic in to handle that functionality too.

Take a look at the createMap function to see how the template was modified.

Kelly, Where do you add  in the popup info and where is the 'createMap function'?

Thanks,
0 Kudos