Select to view content in your preferred language

Querying Scene Layer

Jump to solution
09-16-2021 05:47 PM
sullivani
New Contributor III

Hi, I am attempting to query a scene layer using the latest Javascript API, but am getting the 'query-not-available' error.

I can confirm that I have a associated feature layer, although uploading the scene layer from ArcGIS Pro did not give me the option to associate the feature layer, even though I can see it uploaded the feature layer.

I have a feeling that the issue relates to the fact that I have an ArcGIS Online account, not a ArcGIS Enterprise account - can someone please confirm this.

It would be disappointing if that was the reason why I cannot query a scene layer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

I am looking at the sample scene layer here: https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/P3ePLMYs2RVChkJx/arcgis/rest/services/Buildings_Harvard/SceneServer/l...

it is in JSON, and I can see there is a list of fields exposed via the layer, so the same should be there in your layer in order to be able to do queries and see fields values.

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
sullivani
New Contributor III

Yep, I can see the same thing with my scene layer. So my scene layer appears to be valid.

"fields": [
    {
      "name": "ID",
      "type": "esriFieldTypeInteger",
      "alias": "ID"
    }
  ]

This seems to be pointing towards an issue with the JSAPI.

0 Kudos
sullivani
New Contributor III

Oh, and just one other thing to add to this....if I open the scene layer via the scene viewer in ArcGIS Online and do an identify, the error doesn't occur. 

So it seems its specific to the JSAPI.

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hi and sorry that you had to struggle with this. We noticed the errors you run into with some of our samples and we currently have a fix for it that should be deployed with the 9.3 release. However, those layers do not have an associated feature layer. Can you send me your exact workflow to make sure we fix the issue you run into as well? You publish the multipatch feature layer in ArcGIS Pro using "Share as web layer"? (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/web-scene-layer.htm)

0 Kudos
sullivani
New Contributor III

Hi @RalucaNicola1 yes I have a multipatch layer and I follow those exact steps from that link to add the layer as a web scene layer to ArcGIS Online. I accept all the default and I don't change any options.

When you say version 9.3, what is that referring to? Did you mean JSAPI 4.3?

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

I meant the ArcGIS Online release, we added a fix there and it should be available later on today.

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

I was trying to repro with some data with this exact workflow, but I can't manage. This is the example I created: https://codepen.io/ralucanicola/pen/ExXRjbx?editors=1000. Any chances you can send us the mal-functioning service? You can send it to me via private message.

0 Kudos