Select to view content in your preferred language

Plotter Printing

Jump to solution
09-16-2014 02:55 PM
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to print to a plotter from my JS application. I am am using JS API 3.10 and the esri print widget. If I am working with smaller page sizes, (8.5X11 and 11X17) at 200 DPI, things look good and I am able to print with no issues.

When I bump the sizes up to 36'X48' I am unable to print either in 200 DPI or 75 DPI. The print is using the PrintingTools provided by ESRI (10.2) with no modifications. The error message I get using my on('error') callback is

InternalServerError,message: The operation has timed out

My initial suspicion was the service was timing out so I increased the timeouts in the PrintingTools service to 1800 seconds for client use.

My next suspicion, since I am using IE9, was the proxy. However I tried FireFox but it also does not work.

After that, I thought it may be the esri.config so I set esri.config.defaults.io.timeout = 600000;

When I do execute my print service, from on('print-start') to on('error') it takes about 100 seconds every time I do it and then I get the timeout message.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor

I believe I have solved the issue with the print. I modified my custom print service to be asynchronous via Catalog and declared the print task to be asynchronous as well. After having done that, I no longer get the timeout exception which I believe fixed my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor

I believe I have solved the issue with the print. I modified my custom print service to be asynchronous via Catalog and declared the print task to be asynchronous as well. After having done that, I no longer get the timeout exception which I believe fixed my problem.

0 Kudos