Photo Gallery - Web application

Jump to solution
05-15-2018 12:04 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am looking for a way to view photos both on a map and in a gallery. The idea is to have photos on the side that can be filtered.  Also points on the map that also show the same photo as the symbol.

Sort of like the image below but having photos instead of points. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rickey,

I am not sure if displaying the image on the map is a good idea. Will the ListView widget not work for your needs?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rickey,

I am not sure if displaying the image on the map is a good idea. Will the ListView widget not work for your needs?

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌, I was asked to show both on a map and a list view. I did not think of the list view widget. I think that will cover half my needs. 

Would it be a bad idea because it would slow down the application? 

Could I just have the symbol switch from point to photo after the user zooms into a location? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rickey,

Trying to display the photos a on the map would obscure the map to much. Can the user not just click on the point to bring up the photo in the maps popup.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

My request for the app was to have a List view and photos on the map. I could have the thumbnails be small enough to not cover too much of the map.

Any ideas of how to have the symbol be unique photos? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rickey,

I have never had the need to do that, but I guess you could use PictureMarkerSymbol and set the url for each features symbol at runtime. My best guess would be create a FeatureLayer and set the renderer to be simple renderer and the symbol to be PictureMarkerSymbol using some default image and then loop through the features and get the actual url from the features attributes and set the graphics symbol (PictureMarkerSymbol) url.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

How hard would this be to do in WAB? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rickey,

Whether in WAB widget or in vanilla JS API app it would take a fair amount of code and work. There is nothing out there that does this so unless the requester is expecting you be the developer then you should let them know the ability does not exist.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

At this point my boss said he does not care if it uses arcgis products so we might use Get GeoPhoto - Microsoft Store  

Not my favorite option but it is most like what the client wants. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos