Select to view content in your preferred language

Performance Degradation after Upgrading to ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.29

04-04-2024 07:06 AM
LuisSolaRuiz
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a significant performance decline in our application after upgrading to ArcGIS API for JavaScript version 4.29 (Map lagging when moving, warning on the console: 'requestAnimationFrame' handler took more than X seconds)

Our application uses a feature layer to load points onto the map, dynamically adding them on the client-side using the attribute source.

To illustrate the issue, I've attached two videos showcasing the performance difference:

• Before Upgrade (v4.28):

• After Upgrade (v4.29.10): 

I'd greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community on how to troubleshoot or mitigate this performance issue.

P.S: As far as I am concerned, in this version the improve for the feature layer was improved 😕

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LuisSolaRuiz - can you share the browser and device you are using when you notice these performance regressions? And is it possible for you to share the code so we can repro?

0 Kudos
LuisSolaRuiz
New Contributor III

Hi @AnneFitz, I was recording theses videos with my Window computer in chrome v123.0.6312.105. 

About sharing the code, unfortunately, the app is quite complex and the graphic information is requested from BD and then added to the FeatureLayer by the client side. So not exactly what I can share here. Maybe the Feature Layer code? 

What it's palpable is that the performance just drop with the version v.29

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Sure, if you could share the FeatureLayer code that would be great. Also, any additional information about the app would be helpful. For instance, it seems like you have added a GraphicsLayer / sketch experience? How many features are in your feature layer? What renderer are you using? Are you using any feature reduction / clustering? All of this information will help us troubleshoot. Thanks!

0 Kudos