Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Navigation Mouse Offset?

Jump to solution
01-18-2012 05:33 AM
ChadWilcomb
New Contributor III
I am experiencing an issue where the map navigation functions are showing a large offset between the mouse position and the location where the map zooms into. The following map navigation functions cause the following results:

SHIFT + Drag the mouse to zoom in:

When holding down shift, and dragging a box on the map, the box draws way above the mouse position. The resulting zoom location reflects where the box is drawn rather than the mouse location.

SHIFT + Click to recenter, Double Click to Center and Zoom in, Mouse Scroll Forward to zoom in:

Results in the map zooming in to a location way above (North) of where the user clicked or where the mouse was located when the scroll wheel is turned.

Other Details:

This map also contains a feature layer with a mouseOver tooltip that works exactly as expected (ie- no offset).

This map is embedded in an ASP.NET MVC3 View (.cshtml) and is also inside a jQuery UI Tab layout. I suspect that there could be some CSS related issues, similar maps work fine in a standalone HTML file. How can I troubleshoot this?

Thank you,
Chad
0 Kudos
10 Replies
IrisGreen
New Contributor
I had the same issue, I am developing the app in Visual Studio 2010. this issue persist while testing locally (in VS Application server) , however after publishing the application in IIS the problem vanished. Let me know if any has faced the same or can throw some more light.
0 Kudos