Select to view content in your preferred language

How to dynamically chart data?

Jump to solution
01-13-2016 09:54 AM
ChrisHolmes
Occasional Contributor III

Good day everybody,

We have the following map which was created in AGOL using the "Story Map Journal" template. As you scroll through the chart data on the left, the data on the map changes to reflect the chart that is displayed. This works fine but is very manually intensive. There are approximately 90 charts which are all image files that are manually created and linked to, to display in the app.

I am wondering if it is possible to have the charts created on the fly in the same way that the map display changes dynamically. Not sure if this is the proper forum for this question but thought I'd start here.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks!

Map.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hi Chris,

I have created the following Census Data

If you click on a state it creates pie charts. Do you mean that?

Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hi Chris,

I have created the following Census Data

If you click on a state it creates pie charts. Do you mean that?

Tim

ChrisHolmes

Hi Tim,

I just checked your map out and I really like it. I’m going to show this to my colleagues and see what they think about this approach.

Are you able to pull data from a web service for this so that it’s live? I’m sure I’ll be back with other questions.

Thank you very much,

Chris

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey Chris,

I'm glad you like it. It pulls the data out of the feature layer you click on (REST endpoint). So whenever you make changes to the published feature layer it will pull the new data.

Tim

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Congratulations Tim, I see you got third place with this app!

I'm going to try to see if I can take a similar approach with redesigning our Ward Maps report. I'm sure I will be getting back to you with more questions down the road. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks and have a good day.

Chris

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks Chris, it was very exciting

Summit County used my code to create the following County of Summit: Census Viewer  maybe there is some information you could use.

Feel free to ask questions, I don't mind!

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Great, thanks for sharing that link Tim. Just taking a scroll through your source file.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos