Select to view content in your preferred language

how to call basemap if client have a proxy

01-13-2016 05:27 AM
DEVAPP
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi at all,

i have develop a web app using JS API.

My app call the base map by AGOL but some client that use the web app can not go out on internet for customer policy.

So i have think that is possible tu use a proxy but I've never done something like this.

There is any example o guide to see for use the basemap in this way?

Any help is great

Thanks

Regard

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dev App,

A proxy still requires access to the internet. So if the requirement is to have no internet access then a proxy will not help. Your only option is to host the basemap locally. I remember is the past you could get the tile cache for esri basemaps from esri to host on your own server it was called "Data and Maps for ArcGIS" under additional products on your organizations ArcGIS for Server Enterprise (Windows) download page.

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

thanks for respons.

The proxy have internet access. Only the client of user not have a internet access.

Do you mean to create a tile package of base map and use it ? or use ArcGIS Maps and Data and so publish the basemap as a MapService using this vector data?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dev App,

OK, if the machine does have internet access but just needs to go thru the proxy then you just set the esriConfig.defaults.io.proxyUrl then.

require: 'esri/config' in your code

esriConfig.defaults.io.proxyUrl = "the proxy url";
esriConfig.defaults.io.alwaysUseProxy = true;