Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I resize a custom point symbol in the results of the Measurement Widget in 3.13?

Jump to solution
05-11-2015 11:18 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I can successfully change the point symbol used in the measurement widget in 3.13. However, the point symbol in the results is too small to see. Is there a way to resize the symbol in the results? Please see the attached png.

thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JaniceBaird

Robert,

I am not really sure that I follow what you are doing here but it does work!

thank-you for your help!

Janice.

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Robert,

This solution only works on my development machine. When I have other people run my application, they do not get the resized image in the measurement results. They still get the itty-bitty one. I'm done for the day, will look at it again tomorrow.

thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

Is the app public?

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Hey Robert,

The app is not currently public... at least not the version I am working on. I am trying to upgrade to 3.13 before pushing it out to the public. Our public version is at 3.9... Skagit County iMap .

I am using your suggestion of console.info(measurement) to investigate the object but can not find where the changes are getting may by the code you provided. I am assuming that this line of code: query(".esriLocationResultSymbol > *")[1]; finds the second occurrence of the class in the widget. Is there an easy way to locate this in the console. I am using ie11.... I suppose I should try firefox for different developer tools.

How / Where did you find .esriLocationResultSymbol? Maybe I can use something more generic so it works on my users workstations and not just mine.

Still thinking on it,

Janice.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

I don't use IE unless testing my apps for compatibility in IE. I use FF as my default browser and just right click on the element in the html I want to inspect and choose "Inspect Element" this shows me the classes and css rules applied to that html element.

JaniceBaird

Robert,

I have determined (I think) that this is an issue between IE10 and IE11. The code you shared works in IE11 and not in IE10. It also works in Firefox. Since most of my "internal" users are going to IE10, I will not be including the "Flag.png" that my boss asked for at this time... He will need to get used to the new weird point symbol used in the Measurement Widget!

It would however be nice to use a custom symbol and have it work in all browsers.

Thanks for the help on this!

Janice.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

Your welcome. Sorry my workaround did not work for you in IE 10.

0 Kudos