Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I alter a geoform layout?

Jump to solution
10-23-2014 08:40 AM
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

We have a project to replace an existing paper form with a geoform and we would like the geoform to look as close to the paper form as possible.  Has anyone modified a geoform layout?  Our hope would be for columns or some other way to organize the fields to make sense to the end user.  I've attached a screenshot of part of the existing form.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonKeinath1

Hi Tobias,

Yes I do.  We were able to do what I was describing above, add extra numbered sections, with some jquery and prepending headings.  I can't take credit for the solution so if you'd like more specifics let me know and I'll get them.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonKeinath1

Trying to get some traction on this discussion/question.  Think we may have a solution by adding some additional numbered sections but aren't sure how to accomplish this.  For instance there are three sections to the geoform now but if we added a fourth or fifth it might help users submitting the form.  Thoughts, ideas, wild notions?

TobiasFimpel1

Hi Brandon. Just curious to see whether you have any experiences to share from trying this idea out. I'd love o hear it! Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandonKeinath1

Hi Tobias,

Yes I do.  We were able to do what I was describing above, add extra numbered sections, with some jquery and prepending headings.  I can't take credit for the solution so if you'd like more specifics let me know and I'll get them.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ShawnHibbs
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

Don't know if you still have the specifics but I am currently trying to do this as well. If you have any info or tips on how to do this it would be awesome!

Thanks,

Shawn

0 Kudos
BrandonKeinath1

Hi Shawn,

Funny you should ask; I happened upon this discussion again this morning. Here is an example of the jquery that was used along with the explanation. As I mentioned before I can’t take credit for the solution, but it helps to work with talented people.

$( "

{their text}

" ).prependTo( "{id of input label}" );

.prependTo places the new header before whatever ID they indicate in the above code.

.appendTo does the same thing, but places the new header AFTER the indicated ID.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if you need more information.

Best,

Brandon