Select to view content in your preferred language

Highlight features using using highlightOptions

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 11:07 AM
BhavinSanghani
Occasional Contributor II

How to highlight multiple features of multiple layers on the map? It looks like FeatureLayerView.highlight() can do that and I can setup highlightOptions with different properties.

However, I don't see there is a way to specify angle, style, outline etc with the highlightOptions. Is it possible to setup SimpleMarkerSymbol and use it with FeatureLayerView.highlight()?

In 3.x, there is a way to use FeatureLayer.selectFeatures() and FeatureLayer.setSelectionSymbol(). I guess, it's not possible to do this way in 4.x. I understand I can query features, create a GraphicsLayer and add all features using addMany(). Is this way it is aligned with 3.x?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

You will not be able to set the hightLightOptions to use symbols. We however are exploring to add different options so that you can set for the highLightOptions to stand out from the rest of the features on the map. 

You can do what you said (using graphicslayer) to use simple marker symbol to show the selected features.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

You will not be able to set the hightLightOptions to use symbols. We however are exploring to add different options so that you can set for the highLightOptions to stand out from the rest of the features on the map. 

You can do what you said (using graphicslayer) to use simple marker symbol to show the selected features.