Select to view content in your preferred language

Documentation Update Request

Jump to solution
03-24-2023 09:44 AM
AndrewMurdoch1
Occasional Contributor II

Good Day

I'm not sure the right way to file this issue, but can someone please update the documentation for View / Map Destroy? 

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-views-View.html#destroy

Can a statement be added that says something like: “Please note, the service / web workers which are allocated from the map / view, will not be destroyed.  This is intentional and by design <insert reason here>”.

I understand that calling view.destroy() and map.destroy() will not release the workers, and that's fine. It would be helpful if the above comment was added into the documentation, because it's not evident from the description, which would imply they should be.

“Destroys the view, and any associated resources, including its map, popup and UI elements. These can no longer be used once the view has been destroyed. To prevent these components from being destroyed, remove them from the view before calling destroy().”

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

On the right side of the documentation there is a thumbs up/down. Pressing one of those will then give you a link to send additional feedback. I have had good luck with someone responding to my documentation feedback.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

On the right side of the documentation there is a thumbs up/down. Pressing one of those will then give you a link to send additional feedback. I have had good luck with someone responding to my documentation feedback.

0 Kudos
AndrewMurdoch1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos