Select to view content in your preferred language

FeatureTable Widget (Edit-Enabled): Erratic behavior when editing medium to large datasets

11-29-2022 08:38 AM
Dirk_Vandervoort
Regular Contributor

Has anybody else experienced erratic and unpredictable behavior of the FeatureTablw widget with editing is enabled for a FeatureLayer with 1000s or records.

Take a look at the FeatureTable with editing enabled sample (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/widgets-featuretable-editing/live/)

• Scroll to the bottom of the table and try to edit a cell (“WILL THIS EDIT STAY?”)Dirk_Vandervoort_0-1669739845265.png

• Note that the edit will not stay:Dirk_Vandervoort_1-1669739845267.png

• Scroll to the middle of the table and try to edit:Dirk_Vandervoort_2-1669739845267.png

• The edit sticks the landing:Dirk_Vandervoort_3-1669739845268.png

But wait, there’s more! In my own hosted dataset and ArcGIS Online, when attribute edits are performed on cells in the middle to towards the bottom of the dataset, the edits are not being performed on the same row the UI give the impression of. This gives the impression of being duplicated. When you look at the web traffic in developer tools, you see that the edit was sent to the row with ObjectID of a different row, not the one I clicked and edited. When the page is refreshed (or you look at the data elsewhere), you see that the edits did in fact occur on the row with identified in dev tools and not the row that was visibly edited. This behavior has got our users freaked out.

In my mind this renders the editing functionality of the FeatureTable unusable and this is a significant defect. I will follow up with Esri tech support, unless anybody has anything they’d like to add to this thread.

1 Reply
Dirk_Vandervoort
Regular Contributor

It is now officially a bug: BUG-000154063

0 Kudos